Welcome to Duisburg - Get important information / contact points
When you are new to a city, it is not easy to find your way around. Especially for Africans, they mostly turn to their friends and relatives for this information. While they may receive useful information regarding some practical aspects of their daily life, it may be difficult to obtain information that will help them find social bearings and get along in their new environment.
The federal states and cities, especially the state of North Rhine-Westphalia and the city of Duisburg, regularly provide information about such possibilities in their various information channels. Especially in times of Covid 19, much more information is being disseminated to the public today. Sometimes, this information does not reach newcomers or it can be difficult for them to understand as the information might not be available in a compact form and in a language they understand.
Through this project, we would like to play our own role in providing useful information about important contact points for newcomers irrespective of their status.
Meanwhile we can list some important starting points for you here
- If you would like to study in Duisburg?s main university, the University of Duisburg-Essen, you can find all necessary contact points here.
- Do you want to study or work and need to get your certificates recognized (to establish equivalence to German certificates)? Check here.
- Are you a refugee. As a starter, the ankommen app has all the information you need Find out more.
- Did you know that a refugee with a recognized status could study here in Germany Find out more.
- As a refugee or migrant, you can get counselling free of charge from Mbeon Find out more.
This project runs within the framework of "KOMM-AN NRW". It is funded by the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (Ministry for Children, Family, Refugees and Integration).