Welcome to the African Impulse
African Impulse e.V. is a registered internationally operating, non-profit, independent non-governmental organization (NGO), which campaigns for a fairer world in which the North and South can cooperate, knowledge can be transferred, communities can be given the impulse to help themselves and children and the vulnerable can be empowered.
The headquarters of the African Impulse is found in the city of Duisburg in Germany.
Our actions take place both in Germany and in Africa (Cameroon in particular).
Our goals fall within the following:
- Development cooperation.
- Supporting of youths and the elderly.
- Promotion of education (adult and vocational), including aid to promote studies.
- Promotion of international thinking and tolerance (International understanding).
We plan to do this in a couple of ways, amongst others:-
- Initiating and supporting self-help projects in Africa (Cameroon in particular), particularly in the field of information technology, agriculture, environmental protection, health, sanitation, sports and solar energy.
- National and international collaboration and networking with comparable organizations.
- Information and education through publications and newsletters
- The organization and implementation of national and international cross-cultural dialogue, educational projects and events.
- The support and integration of children, adolescents and adults through education and outreach.
- The promotion of equal participation by including and supporting women and girls.
- The use of sports in promoting understanding and in empowering children.
- Establish a meeting and education center for people of different walks of life to interact and in so doing, proposing cultural, recreational and educational programs to ease integration of migrants in Germany and promote understanding. Such programs may include language, computer and parenting classes, trips, homework help, health education and sports.
The strength of African Impulse e.V. is in a direct, non-bureaucratic approach in which we build our ties to project partners and institutions. We look at sustainability in every project we undertake.